2 November 2017

Another update

Many of you contact me about Gracie and want to know more about her. Here she is with her lead on waiting to be taken out. I'll have more Gracie news next week.

I thought I'd be back with you by now but Hanno is sick again with a bad cold that we're hoping won't turn into another bout of pneumonia. Our main focus at the moment, and what we've been preparing for these passed couple of weeks, is getting the house ready for Kerry, Sunny and Jamie to move in. I know! Big surprise, eh? Their first ever house is being built and will be ready to move into before Christmas. They're very excited about it because they've worked so hard to make it happen. The lease on the apartment they're living in now expires next week, so they'll move in with us until the house is ready for them. Both Kerry and Sunny are absolutely exhausted. They've both been working in their shops all day and taking Jamie to school and after-school activities, while working with the builders and deciding on colours and fixtures and making sure all the council requirements and paper work is done properly. And now they're packing up their apartment and decluttering after work when all they want to do is sleep. Having them here will give Hanno and I a chance to look after them during this very busy time. While they're here they won't have to do any housework, shopping or cooking and we're on hand to look after Jamie. They'll be free to work and focus on the house. I think it will be a very busy and happy time here at the Hetzel house.

I'll be back as soon as I can be. I'm not sure when that will be, possible early next week.




While I'm here I wanted to let you know that I have an article in the current edition of the PIP Australian Permaculture magazine. Here are the shops where you can pick up a copy. I'm pleased to say that the wonderful Biome shops in Brisbane stock it and if your newsagent doesn't have it, ask them to get it in for you or subscribe through the PIP website.  The magazine is full of interesting, thoughtful and educational information and it is brilliantly illustrated. My good friend Morag Gamble has her regular article on Permaculture Around the World, the feature articles are on seaweed and aquaponics, there's a family section with kids' pages and 10 Ways to Get Kids off Screens and into Nature. Add to that an excellent rundown on Crop Rotation and Rental Gardening, a Strawbale building project, Save your Seeds by Jude and Michel Fanton of the Seed Savers Network, designing a Food Forest and Homegrown Herbal Skincare. But there is much more to read for everyone interested in living our beautiful lifestyle while developing practical and traditional skills or wanting to grow food and develop self-reliance.

My congratulations to publisher/editor Robyn Rosenfeldt and the staff of PIP on the production of this excellent and practical resource. It's been published for less than three years but it has already developed into a must-read vibrant magazine.

SHARE:

31 comments

  1. That Gracie is so adorable! I will include Hanno in my prayers that he will soon be well. Exciting news about your kid's new home. It will be good that you can help them at this very busy time in their family's life. Blessings to each of you! Carolyn in Florida

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Hanno recovers quickly Rhonda. I hope Kerry and Sunny find a bit of time out in their busy schedule. Exciting times for them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. exciting times for all! congratulations to kerry & sunny on their new house!
    Gracie is looking adorable as usual!
    just a picture blog would be great too rhonda for when too busy to write/type.
    hope hanno gets well soon; garlic & chilli in a hot lemon drink then to bed to sweat it out, be gone in no time!
    thanx for sharing
    selina from kilkivan qld

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes to Hanno for a speedy recovery:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, that's big news. Thought something big was happening. Christmas will be here before they know it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope Hanno will recover soon, Rhonda. It's great that Kerry and Sunny can be with you for a while. I think that building a new house is a lot of work than buying an existing one, but it so nice to be able to pick colors and fixtures they like. I wish them all the best.
    XX
    Nil

    ReplyDelete
  7. Take your time Rhonda, we'll be here.
    Very busy few weeks coming up for you all but also exciting. I'm sure Jamie is looking forward to everything. A big adventure for him.
    Sending my best wishes to Hanno for a full recovery.
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow your house is going to be a very busy one for the next couple of months. Having Jamie around full time might just be the cure that Hanno needs in his recovery. Praying that this is swift for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the article, Rhonda. How exciting for Kerry, Sunny, and Jamie. I hope Hanno feels better. I'm sorry to hear that he has been under the weather. Gracie looks so cute, and so smart!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best wishes to Hanno for a speedy recovery & congragulations to Kerry & Sunny on their first home, a great achievement in this day & age. Look forward to hearing from you when you get the time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rhonda, I am sorry to hear that Hanno is feeling unwell again and hope he recovers quickly. You certainly are going to have a busy household for a few weeks but I know you will thoroughly enjoy it .....when you are not exhausted that is :-) I can just imagine how excited Miss Gracie is going to be. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How lovely to be able to help out in this way. Best wishes to Hanno for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear that Hanno is unwell Rhonda, hope he gets over it quickly.
    Tom has had a few hiccups too.
    You must be bursting with pride re Kerry & Sunny's new home.
    Such a busy time coming up for you, enjoy, our precious grandies and kids grow too quickly. Lucky kids having a family to help.Give Gracie a pat from me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jude, so good to see you here. I'm sorry to read about Tim. Please give him my best wishes. Believe it or not, Gracie has settled down a lot. =: - O

      Delete
  14. Firstly, all our best to Hanno - there has been some very nasty flu strains prevalent this year. How exciting for Kerry and Sunny and they should be proud of their hard work - I hope girls display this maturity and rigour one day. Congratulations on your PIP article ....you at your best no doubt - I'll have to hunt it down and have a read.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gracie is very cute! Thanks for the update, I love Pip magazine too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pip magazine is so inspiring. Really enjoyed your article! Get well soon, Hanno.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope Hanno is on the mend real soon....not good I had a bout of sickness the stage before it gets to that and it was horrible. Hope he is feeling better soon. It will be lovely having a full house of grandkids and family around...you'll be run off your feet but in a good way. Very exciting building a new house and moving in after all their hard work. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Exciting news about your families new house and thank you for the picture of Gracie - she always prompts a smile. Sorry to hear Hannos poorly again - I hope that as well as looking after all your loved ones you also look after yourself during the days of family fun ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Enjoy your time with your family. Our daughter and her family lived with us a couple of times. We lived with our eldest daughter for a bit between homes. Special times. Hope Hanno better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I took a look at the sample pages for the current issue, and wow, the pictures are lovely! Sadly, your article was not in the preview as I would have like reading it! In general, many of the articles listed are of interest. I am sorry to read that Hanno is not feeling well....hope that he quickly gets over whatever he has. And wow, sounds like your family is in for a period of lots of activity! Love Gracie's picture! Take care Rhonda!

    ReplyDelete
  21. awww, Gracie! Wow, you will be busy but in heaven! I live with my momma and am her caregiver. Though hard, I wouldn't change it for the world. Congratulations on the article!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is exciting news all over, family and your article. Hope Hanno recovers quickly so you share all the good life has to offer. Gracie is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I hope Hanno's health improves soon, Rhonda. Pneumonia is not fun. My son has had two bouts of it over the past few years and it's so debilitating and exhausting! Best wishes, Hanno! MegXx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I hope Hanno is well soon. It will be quite a house full for the next while. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Praying for Hanno. I know how respiratory infections and viruses, can really create problems.
    Linda in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh that will be so nice to have them under your roof! We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of my brother from Germany. We expect him in January when his enlistment ends, and he will live with us until he's acclimated to being a civilian again. We're fortunate enough to have purchased a forever home with a finished third floor, so he will have his own space. We haven't lived in the same house since I went away to college in 2000, so it will be nice to get to know him again, as adults.

    ReplyDelete
  27. All our best wishes to Hanno Rhonda, hope he has improved by now.
    How wonderful to have the family home, it will be such a treasured time foryou all.
    Take care
    Cheers
    Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I hope Hanno is feeling much better, a very busy time for you all. Hopefully lots of quality time with your family staying with you. We loved with my mum (husband and I, 2 boys) for over a year while we built our house. Am still grateful to her for letting us live there, we saved a fortune in rent over that time.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hope all well, and that Hanno is not poorly. Love from Penny L in Dorset U.K x

    ReplyDelete
  30. My husband, daughter and I also stayed at my husband's parents home whilst our own home was being built, next door as it happens. It was a great help and comfort to have such a great support system whilst we also were busy working and whilst our daughter was just beginning her school life. Your son and his family are blessed to have your support.
    Vicki
    Trinidad & Tobago

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template by pipdig