3 July 2013

A night at the library

I'm tired today, too tired to write anything sensible, so I'll leave our budget post until tomorrow.  Yesterday Hanno and I took the day off and wandered around Brisbane, ending up at the State Library. We'd been invited to attend a function to celebrate the books published by Queensland authors last year. The Minister for the Arts Ian Walker was there along with about 150 authors, readers, librarians and members of the Queensland Writers Centre. We got home around 8, I think I was asleep at 8.30pm. 


Photos above taken last night at the State Library.

Today I'll organise the workshop bookings and send out another email to those of you who have booked. I'll take some time this afternoon to do a general cleanup, and now that the rain has stopped, check out the garden.  See you tomorrow!
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I'm not surprised you're tired, sounds like a long day! As you were in Brisvegas did you go to see the quilt exhibition? I hope so, can't wait to go myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, we didn't get as far as the quilts. Coincidentally, I've been invited to give three talks at the Brisbane Writers Festival in September and one of those talk will be at the Quilt exhibition! I'm really looking forward to seeing the works of all those women.

      Delete
  2. Rhonda, I find just walking around Brisbane for a while is tiring. I would like to see the revamped City Hall though so a trip to the Big Smoke might be worth the effort.

    Off the subject though....I have been trying to find your post on calendula infused oil but it doesn't come up in a search. When you have time could you point me in the right direction? Thank you.

    Have a relaxing day at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Chelle. I've found the best way to search my blog is to go to google, then type in "down to earth blog + whatever you're searching for"

    http://down---to---earth.blogspot.com.au/2011/12/simple-skin-care-calendula-salve.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rhonda thanks so much. We are having a discussion on the forum about calendula and I am not sure about what type of calendula I have growing.

    Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the trouble with having a nice break, sometimes you need another break to recover from it! Have a relaxing day.
    Cheers, Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yesterday I went to see our new million dollar plus library, I have to tell you it is amazing, I just love it. The entry from the street has beautifull three story timber columns, lots of glass, hence more light, comfy chairs are spaced everywhere, there are computer pods, conference rooms a childrens area and a teenagers retreat. I'm so glad it is fitted with a lift, walking up and down the beautiful timber stairs would be exhausting. I always use the library, and this is so much nicer than the space we previously had, I'm sure I will spend much more time there than I did. Put your feet up and have a cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like a great night out!

    I love libraries!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template by pipdig